Monday 5 January 2015

Planning: Inspirations through other media texts


1.Social network.

I love how the text isnt not an exciting or fancy font its a standard Arial font but the music makes it effective. As each piano note is played in the melancholy music the titles appear with it. The titles on a moving image fade in and fade out. Together with the soundtrack in the background this title sequence is very effective and i would like to include this format into my film.the titles are slow and relate to the context of the situation I would like to relate the music to the the titles and to create a connection between them so it can reflect the characters and the storyline.





2. Mean girls


In this title sequence its introduces the titles whilst the opening scene plays in the background. The font is constantly the same but the colour of the typography changes and ranges from an array of bright and playful colours . In my film I would like to use these bright colours in my film as they'll represent the tone of the film. The titles are on a moving image also. This way I can entertain the audience with the first scene and preview the titles altogether.


Example;

3.Iron man 3

The titles on iron man 3 are exciting and fun. The font and colour brings life to the titles and makes them engaging and energetic.We see the typography  appear almost everywhere on the screen when the credits rolled. They appeared at the top, in the middle , at the bottom and on the side in horizontal and diagonal angles. I would like to incorporate this into my my title sequence as well. Also when they introduced names of the costume designer,director of photography, special effects editor they show aspects of their work like the costumes the characters where or the graphics shown in the film. This is also applied when the actors names are shown on the screen it shows the characters they have played. I would like to incorporate this into my film also when i show the main characters and the costume design.

Example: 


No comments:

Post a Comment