Thursday 19 February 2015

Blog Task 28 - Find 3 real media texts that influence you. Post screen grabs/embed clips with some explanations of how you might use them.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad world 
I like how this title sequence is really unique in its animatics. Everything seems to be made specifically for this and in a way to represent the nature of the film. Despite the title credits being in fairly typical font, they're displayed throughout the title sequence interestingly, slanted at different angles and being displayed all over the screen, possibly to highlight the 'mad' aspect of the film, told in the title. I would really like to make my film unique like this and make sure that even the title credits are relevant and interesting, something that isn't always the case in most films.

Mean Girls

I like the way in which the title credits are mostly on a moving image - so the title sequence is playing and the title credits are appearing on top of it. I find it interesting and it creates nice visuals, I'd like to incorporate this within my film.
Throughout the title sequence, the font is consistent yet the colour of the credits change and that is another thing I'd like to incorporate, except with a more suitable range of colours that are relevant to my film.

Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite features all of its title credits in some unique way - several of plates of food but also written on pencils and rubbers and so on. I think that this is extremely interesting and creative and something that I might like to try within my film's title sequence so that the whole film remains something the audience can be captivated by from the beginning, rather than boring title credits that may reflect badly upon the film.







No comments:

Post a Comment