Thursday 19 February 2015

Blog Task 37 - Brand your blog visually

To design my blog I went to the main overview on my group's blog. 
I clicked template and that's where I had the chance to choose one out of many different templates - some quite visual and others mainly text based, along with many different themes. 


After much contemplation, I eventually decided to use the template below: within the travel themed templates. I liked this template because the text backgrounds are transparent, which makes the blog quite interesting to look at. I thought that the background of this is in some ways representative of our film Mirrordream because it's relatively dark and has a grunge-like feel to it, something I quite often associate with drama, suspense and mystery, which is what our film's all about. 
I like that the text is yellow because it stands out. The main reason I picked this colour is because it stood out most on the blog, being the easiest to read over the dark background as opposed to colours like blue. I could've chosen white but I didn't want the blog to be too plain or for all of the text to be white as it could get quite boring. The way in which the yellow stands out on the page is similar to that of the dramatic aspects within our film - mystery and so on being present but shocking and dramatic aspects that stand out from the dark nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment