Sunday 8 March 2015

Production: Feedback from a member from our target audience for our opening title sequence

Second Interview with a member from our target audience about my opening title sequence:

I made my friend watch our final edit of our opening title sequence. As I've watched my opening title sequence many times and very proud of what we have created as a group i wanted to see what he thought about it. I asked questions about my title sequence to my friend who is 16 and has never studied media. He doesn't really like supernatural films but I wanted to see his response as he is still part of the target audience.

The questions which i asked with his response:

1) Did you understand what the film was about?
- His Answer: I am a bit confused but i think its about a group of people who connect in real life and in dreams. I can see the difference of real life scenes and the dream scenes. I think your title sequence is supernatural, like twilight and x-men.

2) What do you like about the title sequence?
- His Answer: I really like the beginning of the sequence. I really like when the boy is running through the tunnel, I think both the background noise and the soundtrack you have used is excellent for this scene. I also like the sound when the boy puts his feet down on the ground right in the beginning I think that scene makes to whole movie fill with suspense.

3) Who do you think the target audience is for our title sequence?
- His Answer: I think the target audience is teenagers.

4) Would you recommend a friend to watch our title sequence?
- His Answer: I will and i wont i personally wont because I don't like supernatural films, however i will because your film is very engaging and upbeat.

5) Will you go and see the whole movie?
- His Answer: I might, because i would want to find out about the ending. If i don't its because i don't really like movies with the genre of yours.

After having his feedback i can see that even people who don't like our genre/theme would still be interested in our movie. For example to find out more about particular sections e.g. the ending. I am a bit concerned because, there can be more people like my friend who don't like supernatural films who are a major part of our target audience. But never the less his feedback is positive and shows me that our movie can engage many people. Even those who don't like out genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment