Wednesday 4 March 2015

Production:Seeking a second opinion from a member of the designated target audience.

Seeking a second opinion

Having watched my title sequence many times and being proud of what I and my group have created.I sought out a second opinion to my friend who fit the audience of whom this film was targeted at. Shes 16 and has an interest in psychological thrillers. She has never studied media production before but watches alot of movies. I asked her a series of questions.

1) Did you like the title sequence we have created?
It was generally okay. I was abit confused about the blank gaps and the dialogue in the film.

2)Was it obvious what the film was about?
I thought the film was about a tomboy growing up in London and the mystery underlying it reminded me of something out of a twilight film.

3) As a Second Rough cut do you think it was reasonable to have this many mistakes?
Considering its a second rough cut i was expecting a full film with the exception of sound and rough dialogue. It was okay once again

4)Would you recommend this to a friend?
I would recommend it to a friend to see her opinion whether it differed from my own

5)Who do you think the film should be targeted at?
Teenagers.

6)Any good aspects of the film?
I really liked the whole crop lines effect. Despite it being an AS media production it looked quite professional.The quality of your camera is epic!


7)Would you go and see it ?
Maybe/maybe not. If it received exceptional reviews then i would gladly go and see it. 

* What do you think we can improve on?
I think you can improve on removing all of the messy cuts. The way it has been cut makes it look tacky and unprofessional. I think also you can make it clearer and introduce your characters in an understandable way.


Having heard her feedback i totally understand where she is coming from. I know we need to improve on the visuals and the sound and for this we have a few more editing sessions left and are going to add voice overs to ensure the dialogue is smooth and precise. As far as the character introduction not being clear enough there is nothing i can do about that as we cannot change the story line or re film certain sequences as we are pressed for time . Hopefully to other audiences who are familiar with the mystery of psychological thrillers can relate and understand the opening of our film.

No comments:

Post a Comment