Sunday 8 March 2015

The Skills Which I Have Gained During This Process

During this process i was involved and contributed in many things. I helped with Filming, Editing, Composing, Directing, Making the title credits, Acting and many other things.

Acting: I was very confident in acting, as I done it before as a GCSE. However being in front of a camera was more nerve racking but, with the support of my group members I did the best I could to make my scene realistic and engaging. Acting for our movie was very exciting and fun. Before this coursework I never had directed a movie or help to script one, this coursework has allowed me to develop in many areas including all of the factors above as well as looking more in depth into the technicality of film making. Even though at some stages acting was hard, I believed in myself and knew i could pull of this role of Serlida.

Making the Music (Music Composer): I really enjoyed making music as it was a fun and enjoyable process. I was involved in picking the most suitable soundtrack for our movie as well as helping to compose a soundtrack which we placed in the beginning of our final edit. I also liked searching and listening to foley sounds as it was important we included these in our movie. Searching and Composing the music gave me more freedom to explore and find the most suitable and perfect soundtrack for our movie. Which I believe I done.

Working with the Camera & Directing: During this process I adopted many other roles including filming and directing. I was involved in filming some of the major parts of my opening title sequence for example the bathroom scene and the outside college scene. I also made choices about how good each take was, for example if the scene i took was good enough for the editing stage. During this process i gained many skills e.g. working better in a group, where we all shared ideas and divided roles, as well as being a team leader and discussing what people should be doing, I've learnt how to use a camera, and knowing which angles are better to film at, as well as knowing which shots are suitable for particular scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment